Thursday, January 22, 2009

My first day in Japan

I have lived in Japan for last 5 years. I study here economics. My school language is English, so I do not speak japanese that much as I expected . Even though, these 5 years were years of experiences and explores.

I remember my first day in Japan. It was in Shinjuku, the most concentrated business center in the world. It was 1st of July 2002. When we arrived at 5 p.m in Narita we were transfered to Shinjuku hotel. Very hot, humid and so crowdy country it was. Totally, we were 20 of us, as JDS fellows of Japanese Government Scholarship Students. We were supposed to stay in there for a week, and then moved to each places we were supposed to study for graduate degree. Mine was Kobe.

Faces of people in Tokyo were cold, dull and indifferent to anything. That was little bit uncool. Besides, if you walk in Shinjuku, the most business place in the world, you have to just rush and may be better to run faster in the crowd. Because, you can not just move on slowly when everybody is rushing, and running around you. Actually, that was very annoying for me. I was just visitor of Tokyo, I wanted to look around Tokyo.

My other fellow lady was annoyed very much. She was very beautiful and high class lady, in fact. When she walks around the Tokyo, she claims that no men are looking for her and that is the most stupid thing she ever met in her life. She said when she went to Italy, and walks around it sounded around her like wow, she's hot, or she's cool etc. That was pretty cool for her, she said.

Another lady with us, hates also Tokyo. She says their such a dull, and indifferent face just kills me. She said she wanted to hit and give punches to everybody in the street. That seemd to me too much nervous for strangers.

For me, that rushings was annoying. I was wondering what if all japanese people are like that and if the streets are full of running people, how I could survive in Japan for 2 years. That was my first impresion of my first day in Japan.

So far I how spent almost 5*365 days that I used to it. Some of them were just dull, some of them interesting, some if them fully engaged in something. Anyway, I have many interesting experiences in Japan that I am going to share with you in this blog.

I hope you will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment