Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Getting in Japanese preschool

Well, I am writing my blog with any topics that is related to Japan. You may get confused sometimes, but anyway I will write what I would like to write about my life experiences in Japan.

In 2003, my son, a 5 year old boy, had to get in a Japanese preschool, or kindergarten. In Japanese it means hokyu-en. Fortunately, my brother who had lived here for 4 years, advised me to apply as early as possible. He said earlier the better. He has a little son and he faced the same problem with me. In his case, he had applied for a preschool for his son and the boy had to wait for a half year to get in.

I came to Japan in July 2002 and my family did join me in February 2003. We need a preschool for our son because, we both my husband and I have to study for graduate study. Following my borther’s advise, I went to a social section of a ward office to apply my son’s preschool in November 2002. I asked my tutor to join me to this, and explained to a office lady that my son is going to join me in coming February, etc.

Luckily, she was a nice lady. She said they have a vacancy, but she said if my son were little younger age then there is no chance to get in. For my son case, he was 5 years old and next year he was going to a elementary school. It was lucky for my first son.

Wow, I will continue this story tomorrow. Now I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment